At our practice, we offer take-home teeth whitening. This is a non-invasive dental treatment that lifts stains from the pores of teeth and lightens the colour of your natural tooth enamel, making your teeth look brighter and whiter.
How does it work?
Take-home whitening starts with the creation of a mouth tray that we customise to fit your mouth comfortably. You then take this mouth tray home and add the whitening product during a whitening session. We will give you detailed instructions to tell you how long and how often to use the product.
Why choose take-home teeth whitening?
This is a cost-effective solution for people wanting whiter and brighter teeth. It can help if you suffer from yellow or brown stains on your teeth, which can be caused by smoking or the consumption of coffee, tea, wine, cola and some foods. It can also help if you have experienced wear to the outer enamel layer of your teeth.
What are the benefits of take-home teeth whitening?
There are several advantages:
- Custom-fitted mouth trays are made from impressions taken by the dentist. These ensure maximum contact with the whitening product to optimise results.
- Custom-fitted mouth trays minimise contact of the gel with the gum tissue.
- The whitening product is milder than products used in dental surgeries, leading to less sensitivity.
- You have more control over the shade of white that you achieve.
- Take-home teeth whitening is more affordable than in-chair teeth whitening performed in dental surgeries.
You can expect good results from take-home teeth whitening but, of course, this relies on patients following the instructions when they get home.
Please note the following further considerations:
- Teeth whitening is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- It is not permanent and the degree of whiteness will vary from individual to individual depending on the condition of your teeth and the type of whitening system used.
- It will only work on natural teeth and extrinsic stains. It will not work on restorations e.g. fillings and crowns.
The initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability. Contact us to make a booking.